Autumn is one of the most popular months of the year for portrait sessions. After all, nature is doing its thing with all those vibrant colors, plus you get a chance to really play up your wardrobe with accessories in the crisp weather.
1. Make use of accessories and clothing that play up the "autumn" feeling. For example, opt for leather boots, cable knit scarves and comfy cardigans look amazing on the whole family and can really bring a picture to life.
2. Timing is everything. Start paying attention to that shift in weather as summer melts into fall. Once the leaves start changing, call up your photog and book a session. I know that I like to plan fall sessions, so chances are I've got a session ready for you.
Tip: neutrals work really well in the fall against all that colorful foliage.
3. Location is everything. If it's autumn, you better believe we're playing outside in the gorgeous weather. I have a lot of locations to choose from that have particularly pretty backdrops. I am also open to your suggestions.
4. Plan for a mid-afternoon to early-evening session, when the light is just gorgeous. The days are shorter in the fall, so we need to plan accordingly to get hat golden hour light.
Tip: Plan your session in the "Golden Hour" for gorgeous light.
5. Play in the environment. Chances are there are leaves on the ground or a few buds lingering around. I may have you throw leaves up into the air or something similar. Remember, this shoot is all about capturing your family bond and having fun, so let loose and get into the season!
6. Pack the necessities. It can get chilly in autumn, so you may want to bring some necessities on hand. I recommend a lip balm, moisturizer, warm packs for your hands, tissues, and, of course, warm apparel.
Tip: Have fun and get those cozy family moments.
7. Wear comfortable shoes and accessories. Since we are going to be outside, we will probably do a bit of walking. If those boots look amazing, but kill your feet, don't wear them. If the scarf looks adorable on Timmy, but its super scratchy on his face and makes him unhappy, leave it at home.
Autumn is my favorite time of year and I would love to capture some amazing memories with your family. The dates are filling up fast so contact me today to book your session!